On May 24, 2:53 pm, dweendaddy <dweenda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering - why are you thinking 62 vs 58? If you want it do be
> maximally different than the Sam, you might want to put big tires on
> it and then, according to the site:
> 62cm Hunqa: 91.5-100cm PBH (Saddle hight 82-90cm, standover on biggest
> tire is 91.5cm)

This is a good point.

Tom, if you can ride a 60cm SH, You could probably ride a 62cm or 58cm
Hunqapillar, but which you prefer depends on the kind of fit you are
looking for.   I think standover clearance is not the most important
thing-  it's how it feels when riding.    As you point out you have to
consider ST angle and TT length, etc.   On the 62cm frame the TT is
about 64cm I think (the geo chart lists 62.5, but I remember there was
mention of lengthening it for the final version), whereas on the SH
the TT is 61cm.     But, these numbers really mean nothing compared to
actually riding the bike.

I think this calls for loading up your SH and heading out to Rivendell
to give the HP a try!  :D

As one more data point, I ride a 64cm quickbeam and a 56cm
bombadil.    They couldn't fit better to me-   incidentally they have
the same TT length and ST angle, and feel very similar.   I have tried
a 60cm bombadil, but the 60cm felt way too big for me and the kind of
riding I do.   My saddle height is 79cm or thereabouts.