Actually a major strike against drops for me is that there isn't
enough reach in the flat position. I prefer the extension moustache
bars allow in the hood position. I also needed the dirtdrop stem to
get my bars high enough (b/c I maybe should've gotten a 66 instead of
64 frame), and I find the moustache/DD combo to be an ideal
complementary pair.

Being a tall guy with very long arms complicates fit for me, and
underscores the complexity of this discussion. It's not that drops
suck, they just suck for me, and I'm much more able to find a
comfortable, upright position with an option of tucked aero with the
moustaches.