I have that magic 7 stable. I really want to downsize but can't bear
to do it yet.
Towny (1966 Robin Hood 3 speed)
ATB (Salsa Ala Carte)
Allrounder (Riv 1996)
Road (Riv 2001 custom)
Single (2006? Quickbeam)
Tour/cargo (2007 Surly LHT)
Cross (2010 Legolas).

The towny and Single are extra and overlapped and could go. But every
time I ride them, I change my mind. One nice thing about 7 bikes is
rediscovering them. I was riding the Legolas for fun and fitness most
of the early spring. When I started commuting on the Q it was just a
hoot. And the road standard came out a couple of weeks ago. OMG what a
wonderful sweet ride! My favorite bike of all time. My wife tolerates
all of them. I guess my kids will have to sell them.