The GP quotation about how many bikes you should own is great -

(paraphrasing, can't remember where I saw it):

"You should have seven:
A town bike, a single speed, a loaded tourer, a commuter, a bike you
aren't afraid to ride in the rain, an off-roader, a go-fast bike, a
beater, and a fixed gear.

Oh wait, that's nine.  Nine it is then."

Ahahaha I read that to my wife when she was talking about instituting
a "one in one out policy" on bikes.  She didn't think it was as funny
as I did.  She gave me that look - you know the one, where it's like
"what on earth was I thinking when I married you."

Good times!