On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 11:44 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

>  Esteban lives in southernish california. I think it's fair to say he
> doesn't have to deal with large temperature changes or those pesky
> 'seasons'. :)

Well, there you go.  As I said, a lot depends on where you are.  Much
also depends on who and how you are.  People tend to laugh when they see
me togged out for a cold weather ride - layer upon layer upon layer -
but I'm out there at 25 degrees (what passes for "damned cold" in
Northern Virginia) going on and leading rides that my bike club calls
"Polar Bear rides".

You'll also find me stopping at somewhere between 5 and 10 miles into
the ride to take off layers, because that old "start feeling cold" thing
just doesn't work for me.  If I start off feeling cold, I won't warm up,
I'll just get sick.

But what works for me doesn't matter, except to me.  Everyone's got to
find what works for them.