Esteban, you live in Southern California where there's not much
weather, but does your plan even work for all the other randonneurs in
your area, let alone places with more extreme weather?

Today, it's raining in LA, the high is supposed to be 70, the low 50.
Presumably a 200K is going to include some hills, and we can assume
that the weather 2000 feet above LA will be somewhat colder and
windier than the weather in the valley. What single outfit will work
all day today?  I don't know about you, but no outfit however woolly
is going to work for me both at 70 degrees in the sunshine, and at 45
degrees descending in the rain. For me, if it's 45 degrees and raining
I need to put on more than just a rain jacket at the top of the
descent. A wool hat and rainpants are coming out of the bag at that
point, plus the booties if I haven't already put them on.

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels