I need a front bag that will allow me ready and constant access to fig
newtons--my brevet fuel.  My GB22 is just wide enough to hold a
package.  Seriously, I plan what I carry based on weather (temp, rain,
sun, etc.) and availability of food--will there access to real food or
just convenience stores and just as importantly I like to know how far
it will be between food stops.  I rode a 600k last month where there
was up to 70 miles between food stops so I carried more food.  I'm
riding the same brevet as Steve tomorrow and there will be more
plentiful food stops so all I am bringing is fig newtons.

You'll for sure figure it out.

Good luck,

Christian