I'm one of those who believes high/low trail is FAR down the priority list of
important features on a bicycle. I ride many different bikes loaded in a
variety of configurations. There are more that are satisfactory than not. We've
sold and installed GB bags and their clones on several Rivs and Rivish bikes,
and nobody has complained about adversity as a result.

I also believe that geography plays a role. In Minnesota, we almost never have
long climbs/descents. If you ride in the Cascades, and some climbs last all
day, and you cruise at 50 mph in descents, then optimizing extreme high/low
speed handling may be more of a priority than it is here.