I'm also ready to vote for slightly stiff link on a new chain.  Might
have one on a bike right now.  Every oncest in a while get a little
hiccup in the giddyup when pedaling.  Not wear, as the chain is new
(less than 200 miles) and not the cassette (used by me, but good per
my LBS which checked it out).

I have seen a couple of stiff links in SRAM chains.

BTW, the best shifting I've had was on a 9 speed Shimano cassette
(12-36) with a SRAM chain and old Shimano XT thumb shifter.  It's
probably going back on the same bike next summer.  Running 1x8 on the
bike for winter.  Just because.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN