I know you're being tongue-in-cheek when you declare that anything is the
indisputable "best". I work on enough old bikes to kill whatever nostalgia
I may have once had for old parts or even for new parts that look old. I
can't imagine a scenario where I'd consider putting an antiquarian crank
like the TA or Compass RH crank on one of my bikes.