The obvious scenario to put beautiful parts on a bike is: You get a bike
that you think is worth it.
TA cranks can be finicky it's true. They were designed before there were
standards. Otherwise they're sexy, strong and very good. They were the
go-to crankset for the earliest mountain bikes because everything else
would fail. I admit to a certain nostalgia (and francophilia) for them. But
then again I appreciate a bike as an object as well as for its purpose.
Furthermore I can't think of a more versatile crankset.
The Rene Herse cranks on the other hand aren't any problem at all. They are
truly as simple (and standard) as can be. I really don't know what you are
talking about. I suspect that makes two of us.
/sorry, that's more cheeky than tongue-in-cheek. And I do appreciate your
taking issue with the claim of an indisputable best of anything. Perhaps.
But I can't think of another rival for that title either.