If your guy at Williamson cycle built up the bike and it served you so
well on a cross country tour, I wouldn't mess too much with success.

"I am not sure what the hell most of you are talking about here, but
you sure are bike nerds."  You got that part right!  If your guy is
still around, take copious notes, smoke out the BS (one rider's BS is
another's Holy Grail) and talk to your guy about where you want to go
with this bike.  It's your bike, build it the way it works best for
you.  Good luck!  These projects can be fun.

dougP