On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:26:08 PM UTC-7, Brewster Fong wrote:

> Why does Grant continue to propagate such falsehood. Of course CARBON
> FIBER FRAMES CAN BE REPAIRED. Grants continued insistance that it "can't be
> fixed" makes him look petty and shows that he has no other way of degrading
> the material to sell his supposedly *superior* steel frames. Note, it can
> actually be easier and cheaper to repair carbon!

I appreciated Brewster's comments.  When I was a Reader subscriber, I was
always saddened and alienated when Grant would assert that certain things
were stupid, inferior, a fraud, a lie, a hoax, blah, blah, blah.  I always
wished that he would figure out that it's sufficient to be different and to
promote an alternative.  It's not necessary to make derogatory comments --
facts, as one sees them, are more persuasive.  I think that "Xxx may
be popular, but we feel that yyy is a desireable alternative -- or more
desireable -- for the following reasons" is much more more appealing to me
than "Xxx is a big fat lie".

I've got bikes hanging in the garage that range from full-race (no more
carbon frames, as it happens, titanium instead, but certainly carbon forks)
to classic and neo-classic steel, to a rather tasty classic townie
conversion with rubber pedals.  I enjoy and appreciate all of them.

Shrug.

pb, who thoroughly enjoys riding in fast pacelines, and who also thoroughly
enjoys relaxed and aimless solo cruises