Tucson is a "Bike Friendly Community" and has received a "Gold" level
status from the League of American Bicyclists (LAB).  This, obviously,
didn't prevent the accident that was described in the article from
occurring.

Frankly, I could care less if someone chooses to wear a helmet, but
the justification for not wearing one shouldn't be couched in its
efficacy in an accident situation.  I think if anyone would like to
consult their local neurosurgeons for a collective opinion that would
probably be quite informative.

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ