According to the Pituitary
Society<http://www.springerlink.com/content/6213461j004054m1/>,
the causes of traumatic brain injury are:

39% Firearms
34% Vehicle Accidents
10% Falls
17% Other
According to the national Brain Injury Association <http://www.biausa.org/>,
the leading causes of brain injury, in order of prevalence are:

50% Motor vehicle crashes
21% Falls
12% Firearms
10% Sports/Recreation
07% Other

According to the CDC <http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/causes.html>,
the breakdown is:

35.2% Falls
17% Motor Vehicle
16% Colliding with moving or stationary object
10% Assault
21% Other