Yes, those stats seem on the mark to me. It would be interesting to unpack
the "Falls" category, however. My guess is that very very few would involve
healthy alert people falling down while walking or running or engaging in
common daily activities. In my limited and anecdotal experience as a
surgeon who has taken care of hundreds if not thousands of traumatically
injured patients, falls that result in serious brain injury usually occur
in individuals with other risk factors such as alcohol or drug
intoxication, weakness and other functional limitations associated with old
age, medical conditions that cause sudden loss of consciousness such as
epilepsy and atrial fibrillation, engaging in relatively risky activities
(e.g., hunting in a tree stand), etc.

- David G in SF