We've replaced (through Velocity warranty) a large number of cracked
Synergy rims. I think Grant likes them because they're classic eyeletted
box style and they are one of the only mainstream options in 650B with a
brake surface. Velocity told me the more recent production Synergy rims
have a thicker top-wall, which should help. I've been using Dyads and
Aeroheads and the like for myself and numerous customers for 8 years with
no problems whatsoever. We've been getting US-made Velocity rims for the
last several months. Quality looks as good or better than Australian-made
equivalents.