I had over 11,000 km on a Velocity Dyad 700c, on a bike tour, so heavily
loaded all the way (the rim already had about 4000km of unloaded riding on
it before the tour).  While touring, I broke some spokes - I hit a pothole
too hard - and was never able to gt the wheel to hold true for that long
afterwards.  Ended up over-tightening some spokes and caused the rim to
crack. By the time I replaced the rim it had 11,000km of heavily loaded
riding often on dirt roads, plus about  4000 easier km from before.  It was
a 36h Dyad and I don't think it was good enough for heavy touring, but for
lighter duty I think the Dyad would be a fine wheel.  I'm guessing the
Synergy would be similar.

FWIW I ended up replacing my rims in Bolivia with some Alex X3100 36h rims.
 They gave me no trouble for 14,000km of heavy loads and are a cheaper
option than Velocity.  Heavier though.

The CXP's are not very wide, so you might want to check that out if you
like to run wider tires.