I seem to remember from past threads that it was particularly the 36 hole
O/C Synergies that were cracking. If you have cracked a Synergy, can you
state whether it was O/C and 36 hole?

I have two 32 hole O/C Synergies on two bikes, with one around 4000 mi/3
yrs, the other maybe 1500mi/2 yrs, mostly unloaded, but the second one is
on my rim-braked rigid 29er and sees a lot of single track. Both of them
are fine. I weigh 175lbs, but bought non-O/C Synergy rears for my next two
projects to be safe. Getting rims shipped to Thailand is an expensive pain
in the rear. The only bike I have ever broken spokes on is a tandem with
no-name hubs that don't support the spoke elbows well, so for me the O/C
benefit is theoretical and not worth the risk, though as I said, both my
O/C Synergies are fine so far.

Gernot
Thailand