We had a customer a few years ago break a Sam. Long story short: the fellow was
abusive to the bike, and the cracked frame didn't surprise me. In the course of
this fiasco, the guy became extremely upset with me and with Riv. It started to
become clear that no reasonable solution was going to make him into a happy
customer (and I wasn't going to be bullied into an unreasonable solution). I
actually didn't feel a full replacement was warranted. I told all of this to
Riv. Nonetheless, Grant sent me a new frame for the guy. And new Silver
sidepulls, since the broken frame was the earlier canti version. There was
little or nothing to gain from this gesture, nor was it a slam-dunk that Riv
was obligated in any way...but Grant gave the guy the extreme benefit of the
doubt. I always admired that "turn the other cheek" approach to customer
service.