Hey Patrick. I have no idea what my volume is, either running or biking. I
don't track milage, speed, or anything else on my runs or bikes, with the
sole exception of what is necessary for navigation. But everything I do is
within MAF, with two exceptions. Biking at 10,000 ft. or above when
climbing in first gear, I may have to go above my MAF, thus dipping into
anaerobic. Running now and then it just feels right to go for it, so I do.
That's 4-6 times a year.

Doing MAF training in my experience does not require as high a volume as
you describe to yield results. When I first began, I had to walk up the
trails I ran up with the same effort after a few months. I would guess I do
20-30 miles of running a week, and 20-100 miles a week on the bike. Yes,
MAF seems painfully slow when yu first start. But the results (at least for
me) came quickly. It also makes possible doing long runs/rides without any
food because I only use the carbs already in my system.

With abandon,
Patrick