Hi John. Sounds like you have a lot of things you can try this weekend to try
to solve your issue. In addition to considering getting your alignment checked,
I would also suggest the headset too. The headset that Riv sent with my frame
went indexed steering on me in short order. I wasn't comfortable taking my
hands off the bars until I put a King headset on. Smooth sailing. Getting back
to you on the single tt vs double tt: there are some nuances that I've noticed.
Mostly it is a small degree stiffer. I run my tires a bit softer because of
that. It's not issue-worth-mentioning really. On the plus side I find the bike
easier to portage with the lower tt. The bike is more balanced as I run or walk
with it. It's a nice feeling with the bike on my shoulder just holding the stem
lightly with the same hand. The other hand free for balance while crossing
un-rideable obstacles and such. The biggest deal for me was the brakes. I
really didn't like messing with the canti's on the original. It seemed like
every time I touched them it took me an hour to get them back into adjustment!
I pined for one of Rivs bikes with the silver brakes on them. When Grant had
that initial special on the "bleu" Sams I jumped at it. All is well now. I hope
you can get everything set up to your liking with yours.