Schwalbe's graph is nice, but unfortunately, it's an ancient graph that has
long been debunked. While it shows wider tires rolling faster, it also
suggests that very high pressures make tires roll faster. That simply isn't
true. We've used several different methods to confirm our initial results
that going to very high pressures doesn't gain better performance.

The Schwalbe data probably stems from a test on a steel roller. Without a
rider, you don't measure the suspension losses that occur in the rider's
body, and so you get only half the resistance. As tire pressure increases,
the bike vibrates more, which increases the suspension losses and cancels
out any gain from reduced flex in the tire casing. More about suspension
losses is here:

http://janheine.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/suspension-losses/

Jan Heine
Editor