Lots of voltage but they are inexpensive.  I don't know if they spin
indefinitely or if they are "programmed" to rotate only 60 or 90 degrees left
and right to suit a steer system, or what does the trick.
Chrys
  Paul,

  I have not personally tried this yet but I see no reason why it will
  not work well.  Some possible gearmotors for steering our armoured
  cars could be:

http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009022709083981&item=5-1634&catname=electric

http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009022709083981&item=5-1664&catname=electric

http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009022709083981&item=5-1257&catname=electric

http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009022709083981&item=5-1685&catname=electric

http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009022709083981&item=5-1693&catname=electric

  PF,

  The Tecel board seams to be no longer available that's why I listed
  the Robot-Power alternative.  I've spoken with the owner of Robot
  Power and he stated that his Simple H-Bridge is being used to make
  high power servos by others.

  Steve Tyng

  --
  PF