From: t...@mac.com
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [TANKS] Re: Recon video
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:25:09 -0400

While I can't give you a ruling, it's looks like a great little machine.  How
do you steer it and are all the wheels powered?
Tom

On Mar 21, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Guy Gregoire wrote:

HI

   I recorded short videos of my Recon running in the backyard.  The video are
of very
poor quality, I apologize, but I only have my cellphone to record video, so the
resolution
is small, and as I was holding the cellphone in my left hand and driving the
Recon with
my right hand, it get easily out of frame.   With these 24v 300amp motors the
vehicule
have more than enough power.  If only summer was coming faster.

   I have one PanzerIII T050, to battle if ever some battler spawn in my area,
so was
originally thinking to build a KingTiger, but turn the lower hull as a 6
wheeled Recon, just
for the fun of running it around.  Cant wait for some forest ride in summer.  I
use the
same electronics than the PanzerIII, gotta use it at the price it come, and it
work
to good to wait an ennemy tank.  I plan to buy a new car soon, it will be
choosed to
accomodate a tank in the back to increase my battling range.

   I was wondering, as I fine tune this Recon.  As its a 1/6 scale hull of
KingTiger, but
on wheels, would it be possible that I battle with it if I install a rotating
turret with
paintball gun on top of it?  I build this vehicule with in mind the idea to
replace the
turret for anything else ( ex: robot arm ) as a multipurpose RC mobile base.
Simply said,
can we take liberty with our tank design? If not np, I can still use it as
Recon and supply
vehicule.

Greg.

Messenger has tons of new features that make chatting more fun. Click here to
learn more.

<Video-0002.3gp><Video-0003.3gp>