I guess I still fail to see why RDA should not be concerned with access
point construction.  RDA is all about--repeat, ALL ABOUT--creating
bibliographic metadata that can be used as widely as possible, with the
primary environment being the library world.  How that goal can possibly be
met without explicit instructions on creation of access points is just
beyond me.  If I'm missing something crucial, please enlighten me.

Kevin M. Randall

Principal Serials Cataloger

Bibliographic Services Dept.

Northwestern University Library