But, in the version of RDA which I read, at 3.4.1.3 we were referred
to 3.4.1.5 for other unit names (aka SMDs) which may be used in
collation (aka carrier type and extent).

There is only one version of RDA that counts now, and that is the one that is available through the RDA Toolkit, or, lacking that, the printed loose-leaf version of RDA sold by ALA, CLA, CILIP, etc. Note that corrected typos and other changes that are being made at regular update intervals in the Toolkit will not be reflected in the printed version that the publishers sell.

It really makes no sense anymore to be referring to earlier drafts of these rules and basing policies on them. The actual RDA is what counts now and it really behooves all of us who comment on specific instructions to have access to it.

Adam

* Adam L. Schiff * * Principal Cataloger *
* University of Washington Libraries *
* Box 352900                         *
* Seattle, WA 98195-2900             *
* (206) 543-8409 * * (206) 685-8782 fax * * asch...@u.washington.edu * **************************************