Ed:

Thank you so much for your quick response.  037$f and 300$a are used for
different purpose.  One is to record the term used by source of acquisition,
and the other is to record the term used by cataloger.

Without revealing the format of the audio files (at least MIME Type ready),
it's hard for to users to launch the appropriate player, e.g. Real player,
iTune, Media Player, etc.

According to OCLC's mapping table for ONIX 2.1, the Code 'AK' is for
'pre-recorded MP3 player.'  That is the code that you are using as well when
you replied to Julie's message.  Therefore, I can't comment on ONIX's change
of “pre-recorded audio player.”  Thanks a million for the discussion!

Sincerely yours,

Amanda