Thomas Brenndorfer said:

>Perhaps the biggest frustration I get in these discussion is the
>conflation of issues. A discussion of controlled vocabulary terms
>shouldn't be bogged down by display issues.

Display issues?  The function of 245$h or 33X would seem to me to
facilitate discovery of desired resources.  It would seem to me that
how they are displayed is central to their serving their purpose.

The major problems we see with 33X is that some terms are too long for
convenient display, are redundant, or are obscure (e,g,,"tactile three
dimensional object"; "object" would suffice).

Relator terms have the same problems.  It is not necessary to include
"film" or "sound film" in relator terms; it is clear from the record
what is directed or composed; "director" or "composer" would suffice.