Contradicted by the RDA examples that are compared side-by-side with MARC:
http://www.rdatoolkit.org/examples/MARC

For display and for data input, assuming these RDA examples will be comparable
to actual display and input mechanisms, the RDA method appears much simpler.
There are no punctuation rules to worry about separating elements. There are
clear demarcations between transcribed elements and recorded elements. There is
some added redundancy (such as with authorized access point for the work and
Creator having the same Person involved), but these serve to illuminate what
entities are being presented and how data elements logically flow together,
which can facilitate better workforms and machine processing.

Overall, much simpler.

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library