Kevin M Randall <k...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

>  This touches on one of my "favorite" cataloging pet peeves, which is the
> tendency of many catalogers to treat as "other title information" things
> that really should be seen as essential parts of the title proper.

Another example came up on AUTOCAT a few years ago.  If memory serves, the
title page of the book was laid out in this way:

 Historical Israel: Biblical Israel
 Studying Joshua to 2 Kings

And the 245 read:

 245 10 Historical Israel : $b biblical Israel : studying Joshua to 2 Kings
/ ...

The cataloger read too much into that colon.

Then we have those situations where 245 $b other title information should
instead be part/section/supplement titles (245 $n/$p).

--
Mark K. Ehlert
Minitex