The examples given in 2.3.1.6 for introductory words (not to be transcribed as part of a title) all seem to be from the area of audiovisual and electronic resources (e.g. "Disney presents"). I can see that the rule can be useful here.

But I'm not so sure about cases like these:
http://lccn.loc.gov/22008862
http://lccn.loc.gov/92033147

I feel that "Here begynneth a lytell treatyse called" and "Three books of" are also introductory words, and therefore would have to be left out of the title proper of the manifestation, if we take RDA seriously.

Mind, I'm not saying that this would be a good idea. And I'm very happy to see that LC hasn't done it, although I find it's not a new rule (see AACR2 1.1.B1).

But now I wonder: Is this due to the fact that LC doesn't use RDA (and before that, AACR2) for early printed books in the first place? LC-PCC PS for 0.2 says they use DCRM(B) instead, which unfortunately I don't know much about. Or am I on the wrong track altogether, and these phrases are no "introductory words" at all?

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.