Hi Ganesh,

are you aware that the SA Score IS implemented in RDKit:

https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/tree/master/Contrib/SA_Score

Kind regards,
Axel

On 30.03.20 16:55, Ganesh Shahane wrote:
Dear RDKitters,

I am trying a to find a way to implement the SA score as a sum of
fragments contributions from this paper:

Ertl, Peter, and Ansgar Schuffenhauer. 2009. “Estimation of Synthetic
Accessibility Score of Drug-like Molecules Based on Molecular
Complexity and Fragment Contributions.” /Journal of Cheminformatics/ 1
(1): 8.

For example, if I have three different fragments: A, B and C and their
respective SA scores, then the SA score of molecule "A+B+C" should be
the sum of all three fragment SA scores.

In practice though, the fragment SA scores do not add up.

I was wondering if anyone across the cheminformatics community has
successfully implemented this or a similar strategy?

Ganesh