I made the comment that they were not listed for use on DC circuits after I had
reviewed the UL testing criteria, and the specifications from the manufacturer
– It was not a lighthearted comment…

-Glenn

From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of
Jason Szumlanski
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2021 5:11 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Wago Connectors (221 series)

In another thread these connectors were discussed recently. There was a
question regarding the suitability for DC circuits. I don't think we came up
with any answers or consensus on that. I see the connectors are UL listed to
the 486C standard. I can't determine whether that is applicable to AC and DC
circuits. Does anyone know?

I have only used these on AC circuits and they have been very effective. Now
I'm curious whether they can be used on DC circuits up to 600 volts.

While on the subject, I noticed they are UL 467 listed for grounding and
bonding. That's helpful where you have EGC splices for conductors up to #10 AWG
inside junction boxes.

Jason Szumlanski

Florida Solar Design Group