From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of
Jerry Shafer via RE-wrenches
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 10:27 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Cc: Jerry Shafer <jerrysgarag...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Sol-Ark install

Need more than this, we have amperage, we need distance, temp, # of wires per
conduit, also at 480 you may want to verify cold temp for over the top voltage
@ VOC, any RSD device(s) being used? Help to have total module count, as an
example use a combiner to make 4 strings, 2 of equal voltage per input. For
battery backup or off grid, Solark is the easiest you will get.

Jerry

 NABCEP PV Inspector

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022, 7:42 PM Ron Young via RE-wrenches
<re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> >
wrote:

Hi Wrenches, trying to wrap my head around a first time Sol-Ark install.
Because the max DC voltage is 500v at 18a  and the PV I’m using is 40v DC each
I will have to create three strings each 480v. What would be the best choice
for a home run wire? I’ve always used smaller strings with micro inverters, a
combiner at the array and a single Teck home run cable but the string inverter
presents a different scenario and it looks like I’ll need to use three home run
cables, one for each string.

Ron Young

earthRight Products - Solareagle.com <http://Solareagle.com>
Alternative Energy Solutions ~ Renewable Energy Products

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
<mailto:RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>

List rules & etiquette: