Kartik Agaram:
> Appended below is my stab at the sweet expressions section.

Thanks!

> I've separated out the tutorial from the spec. I would like for
> tutorial forms of the problem and solution to go right on the
> top-level page at http://readable.sourceforge.net. The reader should
> be able to read that one page above the fold and have a clear sense of
> how 90% of expressions are transformed.

Okay.  Let's work on doing that in [Home], and once that looks good, copy it to
readable.sourceforge.net.

> Even in the spec, keep each bullet as short as possible. There's
> already a rational page, so skip "this lets you" clauses. It's just a
> spec of the solution. (Short rationales in the front-page
> tutorial/blurb are a good idea, but they shouldn't take up full
> sentences.)

Okay.  I changed [Solution] based on these ideas, in particular removed most
rationale in main [Solution] text.  After the rules I re-added a sentence
justifying each tier; that way there's a brief rationale for the whole thing,
just not for each detail.

> We have several options of names and phrases we could use:
>   indentation sensitivity
>   whitespace sensitivity
>   paren insertion (from wart)
>   deducing parentheses
>   parameters of
>   grouped with/together
>
> We should use as few of these as consistently as possible. I don't
> like the phrase "making indentation meaningful". Can we use a
> different phrase that we can then keep reusing in the bullets
> themselves? That would be far more clear.

Fair point.  How about "deduces parentheses from indentation"?

> I organized the details slightly differently from you. The main rules
> should cover all common cases, and it seemed like empty lines are
> fairly common.

Okay, fair enough.

> Where you say "see the mailing list", can you link to a single post?

No, but I pointed to [Current] which has the same effect.

> Now that I've started playing with the text myself, my value to this
> group will start to drop for giving feedback as an outsider :)

Too late!  You're no longer an outsider. :-).

--- David A. Wheeler