Hi Petr, :)

> > System calls complicate things a lot.
>
> :-))) ;-) You don't mean it right? So that's exactly why MANY other
> languages allow such features and are heavily used?

I'm just trying to argue from a different point of view, and think about
the cons as well as the pros. :)

> If someone wants to use grep, let's be it. But if someone can't unpack even
> stupid archive, it pretty strange ...

Ok, but each platform have different compression formats (Amiga: lha,
lzx, Unix: gzip, tar, Mac: ?)

So to make it user friendly for all, you'd have to cater for all these.
If this happens through shell access then you loose the platfrom
independence again.

> Well, as I can see - there is no power in Rebol community to make strong
> enough pressure on RT to show them features discussed would be very
> helpfull, if freed ... that's why I will not continue in the discussion, as
> if only few ppl share the same opinion, it could be regarded being rant.

It would be interesting to hear some other opinions as well, maybe someone
could put up a voting page :)

Gisle