From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Scot
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 12:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

Thought I'd respond off list for this.

I've been lurking for a couple months becuase I'm doing some research on
whether or not Rebol can be a viable option in a project I'm involved with.
I've asked a few questions on the list as well, but from what I can see,
Rebol programmers aren't interested (in general) in revenue generating
projects but rather new ways to add 1 +2.

Unfortunately, the Rebol company doesn't really care about Rebol advancing
in the Internet area either- they won't even consider creating a browser
plugin and I've been told several different times about this stance.  I
imagine they are more thoughtful about getting Rebol into cell phones and
other hand held devices.

It's rather unfortunate, really.  The EULA for Rebol is kind of restrictive,
as well.

I currently develop with the MIVA cgi scripting language (miva.com) which is
nice, but of course not "executable" like Rebol, but Miva corp is all about
revenue from the Internet and all of the developers who work with it have
been reaping the benefits.

Bottom line is that I dont think Rebol programmers or Rebol Corp is all that
interested in really making this language the forefront of Internet
development technology, which is of course the way of the future.  This is
so apparent that I am considering putting my group's project on hold until
Flash comes out with their executable language.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you know a bystander's thoughts on this.

Regards,

Scot Ranney