On my PII 300Mhz, 64 Meg of memory: 100 reqs/ 1.9 sec with the latest release.

On Linux 2.4.x

DO you have any firewalls, alarms etc. Rugby uses http and if all your
requests are 'analyzed' that explains a lot of the slowdown. It must be
something like that, 'cause my WinMe 200Mhz K6 has something like 30 req/sec

It clearly is a configuration problem on *your* side, so I wish you'd stop
saying that Rugby has bad performance. It is simply not true.

--Maarten