Hello Robert,

Saturday, December 27, 2003, 1:36:17 PM, you wrote:

RMM> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:25:14 +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik
RMM> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Certainly it should be possible to use any word as object field.
>> As I understand from your mail, the problem takes place while
>> processing of "to" field. I added "to" field to my guess example.
>> It works without any problems. So the problem seems to be somewhere
>> else. Can you send me sources of robby-test.r, so that I can try to
>> reproduce the problem myself?

RMM> Hi, good to know this isn't the problem. You can download the code and
RMM> test data thru these two links:

RMM> rebol code: http://www.robertmuench.de/robby-test.r
RMM> test data : http://www.robertmuench.de/messages.zip

The bug was trivial:
There is no field "to" in "record" object and it was declared as
prototype for the persistent object. Attempt to set field which
doesn't exists in object context cause such strange error message.

I once again want to notice that prototype object is considered as
"class", so it should contain definitions of all fields and methods
which are present in the objects created using these prototype.

Unfortunately, Rebol doesn't allow to append field to the object. And
without it, loading of persistent objects with arbitrary field set
is impossible (at least I do not know how to implement it).
The problem is that I have to create object prior fetching of its
fields from the database (to handle cyclic reference). And once object
is created it is not possible to add fields to it (very strange
restriction for such flexible and dynamic language as Rebol).

--
Best regards,
 Konstantin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]