I am new to Redhat Linux 6.1, coming from a FreeBSD environment.  I am
porting some minor things I did in Apache/FreeBSD to Apache/Redhat.  I
am extremely confused by the directory layouts for Redhat.  I thought
that installing a source RPM would install the source code into
something like /usr/src/apache-1.3.9.  I could not be more wrong about
that assumption!

My question is, how would I extract the source code and patches from
the Apache RPM supplied on the Redhat cd's into a directory like
/usr/src/apache-1.3.9?  I was able to install stock apache source
code, no problem, but I am coming up short trying to find the Redhat
patches.

Sorry to sound so ignorant.

Many Thanks,
Gene Harris