On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, John Summerfield wrote:
[snip]
> All that directory tree is owned by root (and /usr is supposed to be
> mountable ro unless my reading of the fsstnd is seriously flawed) so you
> may wish to customise RPM.

RPM actually looks at the value of the %_topdir macro to see where the
root of it's building tree is.  So, if you want to have your RPMs built
elsewhere (I generally build from ~/projects/redhat), set %_topdir in
~/.rpmmacros to override the value from the default /usr/lib/rpm/macros.
Note that you need to have the subdirectories (BUILD/ RPMS/<arch>,
SRPMS/ SOURCES/, and SPECS) already created, otherwise, rpm will
complain when you try to build a package.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz             http://linuxpower.org
Personal: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

QOTD:
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer