Svante Signell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> Since nobody from redhat answered and since the rawhide release
> 19991220 did not make any changes to glibc or remove egcs I'll try
> again: Is gcc or egcs going to be the default compiler in future
> releases?

Switching back to gcc from egcs causes problems, notably among
them the fact that it breaks C++ binary compatibility, again.

While I'm not the one to make such decisions, I'd say that we'll
switch to gcc when it becomes feasible to do so. In any case,
we'll work on removing the compiler dependencies out of the
distribution.

Bill