Tony Nugent ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> Can a CHANGES file be provided with this and every release (and
> pre-releases) of a new distribution.  In fact, two CHANGES files...

There will be something along these lines with 6.2 final. I'm
not sure it will necessarily go into all the detail you need, but
it will be a start.

Here's an example:

This document describes some of the new features and technical
changes in Red Hat Linux 6.2.

- Support for Docbook-based SGML editing and processing has been
  added.

- The various BSD-based network services (telnet, finger, talk,
  rsh, ruers, rwall, tftp) have been split into client and
    server packages.

- The ident/auth service, instead of being run from inetd
  and controlled via /etc/inetd.conf, is run as a standalone
  service 'identd', and controlled via the /etc/identd.conf file.

- The following services no longer run by default, as they have
  in previous Red Hat Linux releases:
        - automount daemon amd (package am-utils)
        - bind name server
        - dhcpd DHCP server
        - inn news server
        - knfsd NFS server
        - samba CIFS server
        - apache HTTP server
  To enable these, run either 'chkconfig --level 35 <service name> on',
  or edit the list of services to start with 'ntsysv' or 'tksysv'.

The following packages and features are DEPRECATED, and may not
be supported or included in future Red Hat Linux releases:

- AnotherLevel
- wmconfig
- Red Hat Linux 5.2 compatiblity development environment
- libc5 compatibility runtime libraries

..etc, etc.

Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

Bill