> JF Martinez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > -pgcc not being the official gcc is far less well tested than gcc and
> >  has far less people behind it than gcc.
>
> Also, to the best of my knowledge, optimizations which work in pgcc
> will be incorporated into gcc.

Just one of the benefits to users of "free software" - ideas can be freely
pinched.

One thing I do not understand; why has stackguard (or similar) not been
incorporated into gcc 2.95 and/or egcs?

I'd rather slightly slower code that's more resistant to stack-trashing
bugs.

A program that works is much more useful than a faster program that
doesn't.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield