On 5/07/00 at 17:49 Ivan Jager wrote:

>What are the main differences between MySQL and postgresql? I would like
>to keep squid's logs in a database to be able to make some queries and
>all that. :)
>
>I was going to use postgres, but now that MySQL is Free it makes me
>wonder...
>
>What are the advantages/disadvantages of current versions of postgres
>and MySQL?

 PostgreSQL is more of a full featured database, MySQL is fast and light
because its a "cut down" SQL server if you like

For logging, MySQL would be more than sufficient in my limited database
opinion

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020
Available for Global Contracts   Int. +61 418 292020