> MySQL, until very recently, wasn't really commited to open
> source, but they did a good job of convincing web kids that
> they were the good guys.
>
> Postgresql, on the other hand, is a serious database, a
> really professional quality tool, and it's been BSD
> throughout it's existence.

There's one thing still:  majority of GPL DB applications seem to use
MySQL, and don't necessarily postgresql.  Those who just want to use
these pretty simple applications, MySQL is an ideal solution.

Databases are nowadays used a lot on many solutions where DB's aren't
really even needed; that's where simple may be good.

For "serious" database use, I would think the administrators make more or
less informed decision between mysql and postgresql.  Both are so
important and widely used that they deserve to be included in RH
distribution.

--
Pekka Savola                    "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          not those you stumble over and fall"