Frank Hale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Speaking of RPMs I was wondering how people go about
> creating RPMs for complicated packages such as the
> kernel

You start out by installing the SRPM for a similarly large and complex
package.  It gives lots of ideas on how to structure things.

Using a BuildRoot is the single easiest way to relieve your packaging
burden.  It makes it easier to figure out what files are installed,
because they're not mixed with normal files.  It also means you can
rebuild the SRPM without interfering with the live system.

I think every RH srpm uses a BuildRoot these days, so take a look at
one of those to see how to do it.

--
Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - In a variety of flavors!
87 days, 27 minutes, 34 seconds till we run away.