On 22 Aug 2000, Alan Shutko wrote:

>Date: 22 Aug 2000 19:56:17 -0400
>From: Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: basename()?
>
>"Mike A. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Cool.  I'll use printf() instead of basename then.
>
>Either you're intentionally twisting my post, or you have trouble
>reading.

Or I was trying to be humorous, without using a smiley.

[SNIP]
>* You can't linearly page through the document with PAGE UP and PAGE
>  DOWN, but you can with Space and Backspace.

Perhaps, but you cannot linearly scroll through it.  PGUP/DN is
useful, but so is uparrow/downarrow.  It makes things easier to
read and judge distance, etc..  jumping around one page at a time
is not as easy to read was my main point.

>In short, when you're trashing a program, get your facts straight.
>Whining about the lack of features a program isn't lacking is useless
>and ignorant.

Take it easy man!  Down boy, down!  ;o)

Features may be there, but they don't coincide with what I was
"whining" about.  So they are lacking.  I don't argue that info
has 'tools', I just am saying that they aren't what I'm looking
for, and not in a format that is convenient to me.

What is 'convenient' and what not, is relative to the
individual.  Sorry for not putting the ";o)" in there..

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

       Try out Red Hat Linux today:  http://www.redhat.com
           ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-6.2/