On Fri, 15 May 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 15 May 1998, Chuck Carson wrote:

> You won't get much support for that position.  IBM makes good hardware and
> AIX has a lot of nifty features (especially user and disk management) and
> is robust enough, but AIX won't win any points for being much like any
> other sort of Unix anywhere in the world.

This is getting off topic, but ohh well. :)

I work for IBM, and I can second this opinion.  In St. Louis we've got
football field sized computer rooms (note the plural) and you can count the
AIX boxes on one hand... HP seems more popular around here...

\ \  / //  ____   _       __ ____  __ Hard to believe, Harder to killfile!
  >  <<  |      | |\\   //|| ----< | | In God We trust. All others pay cash.